What You Can Do if You are Not Going to be Using Your Car in a While.

Some people asssume that just by not using their car, the registration won't keep running, but that is wrong, in fact there is a whole process before you can stop your registration from keep running, it can be complex, so this article has all you need to know about that. After you are done reading, you can decide whether you do it or if you will leave it to us, because this is indeed one of our services and takes 15 minutes or less. Skip the line.

Every year the DMV will send you a vehicle registration renewal notice, so at this point you can decide whether you are going to renew it or not, if you are not going to because the car will be on the shop or maybe you can’t afford to repair it, there are many reasons why you will not renew your registration, if that’s the case you need to notify the DMV officially by filing for a PNO status. This means that you have officially notified that the vehicle will not be driven or parked on public roads and highways all year long.

Now, if you have decided to file for non-operational status, you must do it before your registration fees are due because if you don’t, well you still have 90 days to put it under PNO but you could be charged with late fees.

When you receive your renewal notice, it will have a box which you can check to indicate that you will be putting your vehicle under Planned Non Operational status and not renewing your registration this year.

Once your car is under non-operational status, the PNO status will remain on the record of the vehicle until you want to register it again and the expiration date of your vehicle’s registration will remain the same and every year you will now receive an annual Non-Operated Vehicle Notice, it is not necessary for you to reply unless you want to take the PNO status off.

Operating a car under Non-Operational status.

If your car is under Planned Non-Operational status and you need to move it because you need to take it to a different garage, if you need to take it to the shop or make an alteration, a smog check, weighing, or if you need to wreck it and dismantle it, you can get a One-Day Moving permit from us.

Don't hesitate calling us if you have any questions:

Or visit any of our offices:


1310 Chamberlain Ave.

Suite A

Bakersfield, CA 93305


1420 High St.

Suite E

Delano, CA 932151


497 E. Center Ave. Suite A

Earlimart, CA 93219


802 Navajo Rd. Suite D

Perris, CA 92570

2560 Perris Blvd. Suite J2

Perris, CA 92571


917 7th St.

Wasco, CA 93280

#PNO #PlannedNonOperational #NonOperational

Call us toll-free


802 Navajo Rd #B

Perris, CA 92570



1420 High St #E

Delano, CA 93215


Mercado Latino


1310 Chamberlain Ave #A 

Bakersfield, CA 93305



917 7th St

Wasco, CA 93280


497 E Center Ave 
Earlimart, CA 93219


February 19 Presidents Day


  • Facebook Clean
  • White Google+ Icon
  • Yelp - White Circle

© 2017 by AIIA INC

Auto  International Insurance Agency Inc is licensed by the state of California OL License Number #80629. Auto International Insurance Agency Inc. is not owned and operated by any government agency. Tito Placas Is Trademarked.  We are not the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV)