DMV Vehicle Bond

DMV Vehicle Bond

When you get a bonded title, you are promising that you are the true owner the vehicle.


When do you need to purchase a bond?
· You bought/received a vehicle and didn't receive a title

· You bought/received a vehicle and only received a bill of sale

· You bought/received a vehicle and received and improperly assigned the title

· You bought/received a vehicle, received, and lost the title before transferring it to your name



The Motor Vehicle ownership surety bond (REG 5057) is a form used to support the issuance of a California title when regular evidence is not obtainable. Determination if a bond is required, is based on the value of the vehicle.


What is a bonded title?

  • A bonded title is a type of certificate issued in some jurisdiction that verifies a person’s ownership of a motor vehicle & they can still register, insure, and sell their vehicle just like a regular title.

  • The three and five-year period starts from the date the original bonded title was issued, & does not start over if the title is transferred into someone else’s name. Once the time period ends, the current owner must go to the DMV & apply for a clean title.


The Surety bond: Part of the process for a California Bonded Title

  1. Check with the DMV to make sure you are eligible

  2. Complete application for title/ registration

  • DMV employee or law enforcement must fill out a verification vehicle form

  3. Complete a statement of facts form

The Form includes the following:

  • How, when and from where the vehicle was acquired

  • What efforts were made to obtain original title & why you could not obtain it

  • Current Value of the vehicle

  4. Weight Certificate

  • Only when the vehicle weighs less than 10,000 pounds when empty if 10,000 pounds or more or is a trailer in the PTI Program, fill out the declaration of Gross Vehicle Weight/ combined Gross Vehicle Weight form

  5.NON-OP or PNO if applicable

  6.Odometer if the vehicle is less than 10 years

  7. Buy a California Lost Title Bond


* The price to pay for the bond is typically around $100 & is a one-time payment. Your bond must equal the appraised value of your vehicle. For instance, if your vehicle’s value is $2,000 then your California Bond will be worth $2,000.

Call us toll-free


802 Navajo Rd #B

Perris, CA 92570



1420 High St #E

Delano, CA 93215


Mercado Latino


1310 Chamberlain Ave #A 

Bakersfield, CA 93305



917 7th St

Wasco, CA 93280


497 E Center Ave 
Earlimart, CA 93219


February 19 Presidents Day


  • Facebook Clean
  • White Google+ Icon
  • Yelp - White Circle

© 2017 by AIIA INC

Auto  International Insurance Agency Inc is licensed by the state of California OL License Number #80629. Auto International Insurance Agency Inc. is not owned and operated by any government agency. Tito Placas Is Trademarked.  We are not the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV)